Vaginal synthetic mesh implant is done in patients to treat pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and stress urinary incontinence (SUI). A study shows estimated 11% of American women would require the implant surgery to correct any one of these conditions in their lifetime.
Most vaginal mesh these days are made from polypropylene, a material which was thought to be effective can undergo significant contraction and flexibility and put pressure on pelvic nerves. Although polypropylene is a safe substance, the body sees mesh as a foreign object which sometimes roots to inflammatory reactions.
In addition, as the implant surgery is done blind, i.e. the surgeon cannot directly visualize the exact location of the mesh, chances of vital organ injury is always there for these kinds of operations. During or after the procedure, if any patient suffers from any adverse physical condition can look out for mesh lawsuit update and claim for the financial compensation.
Vaginal mesh injuries should show symptoms such as:
- chronic pain
- infection in the urinary region
- bleeding from urine or unusual bleeding
- perforated blood vessels, bladder or bowel movement
- vagina scarring
- urinary problems
- yellowish discharge from the vagina
- Recurrence of urinary incontinence or prolapse
- Neuromuscular issues
Thousands of women have sued mesh manufacturers over complications from using mesh manufactured from companies including C.R. Bard, Ethicon (a Johnson & Johnson subsidiary), Boston Scientific and American Medical Systems. The women in these cases say the manufacturers of transvaginal mesh products failed to warn patients about the increased risk of health complications upon using the mesh implant.
Serious health complications post the mesh insertion surgery soon became a serious case in the medical history. The plaintiffs also accused the manufacturing companies of the following allegations:-
- they failed to warn the physicians and the patients about the associated risks of the transvaginal mesh
- failed to maintain the required specifications of the product and compromising the effectiveness of the device
- the manufacturing companies failed to conduct adequate research about the product before releasing it into the market
- the mesh quality has been compromised, breaching the trust of the public
Visit https://tvmassistance.net/ or dial 1-888-996-6632 to find out about the lawsuit and how to get the maximum amount of financial compensation.