Nearly 4,000 injuries were reported to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) between the phase of 2005 and 2010. The FDA has received over 2000 reports till date of complications arising from surgical mesh devices used to repair POP.
Polyester and polypropylene are commonly used in the design of the surgical mesh products and they were, by virtue of their properties thought to be strong and long-lasting. But the mesh material has been reported to shrink, causing pain, damage, and infection to surrounding healthy tissues.
The most often said transvaginal mesh complications include but not limited to:
- Organ perforation that results in mesh erosion and can take up severe form
- Urinary tract infections or other problems
- Infection of area of mesh implantation
- Erosion through vaginal wall or soft tissues
- Vaginal shrinkage due to mesh contraction
- Nerve damage or chronic pain surrounding the pelvic or abdominal organs
- Scar tissue formation in vagina or other adjoining areas
- Emotional distress due to chronic health conditions
- Need for additional treatments
Victims injured by surgical mesh have the right to pursue compensation for their medical expenses along with the emotional damages, and other losses such as reduction in earning capacity. Transvaginal mesh lawyers fight for the following compensation:
- Expenses for the medical treatment ongoing and future
- Expenses for the loss of earning capacity
- Cost of pain and suffering
- Loss of the regular quality life
- Cost for emergency hospitalization
- Wrongful death of the partner
In 2011, the public interest safety group Public Citizen called upon the FDA to the recall non-absorbable synthetic transvaginal surgical mesh. The patients noted that the non-absorbable meshes “should be recalled because they offer no significant benefits but expose patients to serious risks and the potential for permanent, life-altering harm.”
Transvaginal Mesh can cause serious side effects and complications and the victims of such defective mesh implant or bladder sling is entitled to compensation and even surgical assistance. Get in touch with the team of tvmassistance.net through the website https://tvmassistance.net/ or dial 1-888-996-6632 to know more.